Are you looking for the best banana bread recipe ever? Well look no further…this easy-to-make recipe takes literally only 5 minutes to mix up. It’s that easy! Without a doubt, this is the best banana blueberry bread recipe that you’ll go back to you time and time again. Irresistible!
I always enjoy being able to bake a special treat for my family. But let’s face it, living a busy life at home and work, I need to make sure that the recipes I use are easy to follow and taste delicious. This banana blueberry bread recipe will not disappoint! My kids literally run down the stairs once they begin smelling the yummy scents of the bread baking. What a great treat for anytime of the day but I find it super easy to slice up and have ready for the family as a quick breakfast option before everyone scatters out the door to start the day. Isn’t banana bread great anytime of the year? Also, I love adding different fruits and nuts to the recipe depending on my mood. Don’t forget chocolate chips!
Banana Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (decrease by 1/4 cup if you prefer a less sweeter taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork
- Mix in the melted butter until everything is blended.
- Add the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda and egg and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Next, mix the milk into the batter until everything is blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Next, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth the batter and gently tap the pan on the counter to settle the ingredients.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
By the way, I barely finished taking my pictures of my bread before the family gobbled up the bread. Yep…so yummy!
So, the next time you have a few minutes to spare and want a special way to show your family how much you love them, try this recipe!
Here is a printable version of this recipe for you: banana blueberry bread recipe!
As well, here are a few other recipes from the blog that you may enjoy:
Do you have a banana bread recipe that you love? I would love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please don’t forget to share with your friends!
By the way, why not sign up below to get new posts from my blog directly to your email?
I’m having fun sharing my projects and getting great new ideas from others at Pieced Pastimes’ Saturday Sparks Link Party 186. Come and join the fun!