Fall has arrived and at home it’s time to embrace everything about the season. From home decor to fashion to baking and cooking-it’s fall-inspired for sure. So, this means for me that it’s time to do a little baking around here to make sure everyone is in the mood for fall too. I recently purchased a mini donut pan and have been wanting to use it. As well, I found cute fall sprinkles to add to my decorations. There’s no better time then right now. So here’s an incredibly easy recipe to try for some yummy donuts that everyone will love. See how quickly they’ll disappear into your family’s bellies. First, follow the simple recipe for tasty maple brown sugar mini donuts. Then, use your creativity and have fun decorating.
Maple Brown Sugar Mini Donuts for Fall
Ingredients for Donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of real maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- a variety of sprinkles
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped)
- Skor pieces (chopped)
- First, add all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the wet ingredients and mix ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- Use non-stick cooking spray to grease the donut pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, add the batter into a ziploc bag and cut one small corner off.
- Carefully, add the batter to the pan to the top.
- Do not over pour so that the hole does not get baked over.
- Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes.
- Then, let the donuts completely cool before decorating.
- In the meantime, mix the icing sugar and milk into one bowl for the light colored glaze.
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and cocoa powder into another bowl for the chocolate glaze.
- Finally, add a variety of sprinkles and decorations.
Suprisingly, you will see how easy these donuts are to mix up and create. What a great way to begin enjoying the fall season! In fact, I love making these easy treats for when I’m entertaining. They look adorable and my guests always appreciate them. As well, bake up a few batches and add several to a treat box or small brown paper bag. This is a great way to present the mini donuts to your guests.
So, I can’t wait to hear from you! How do you enjoy celebrating fall? Do you have a special treat that you enjoy making at this time of the year?
If you enjoyed reading this article, then you may find these interesting too:
Lastly, please share the love and let others know what you’re reading!